Friday, April 24, 2020

Overall Repair by Hand

Hello Readers. I am still following the "stay-at-home" order and doing it without a sewing machine to keep my busy/sane. So I am only hand sewing for a while. Maybe I will switch to glue..I am not sure. I had to work on these overalls that I posted about a few months ago. I loved them.

But I got bleach on them when I was doing laundry. I was so bummed. I had to try to save them.
 
I tried to cover the bleach marks with a black permanent marker. I know it sounds crazy but I was desperate. I would give this cover-up job a C-. It might have been good enough but the location made it a complete fail. The blurry part was very prominent on my chest. I didn't like it. It felt more noticeable.

 I had to try a second cover-up. I made a pocket out of some small fabric scraps. I have always liked this sneaker fabric. I made a pocket out of the scraps and attached it to the chest of my overalls. I used some hand sewing and the rest of the iron-on tape I had.

Here is my pocket. I liked the patterns together.
These overalls are perfect for lounging at home when you are not allowed to go out and they are great for walking the dog which is an approved activity. I hope you are well and safe where you are today.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Cutie!
Darling overalls!
xo Eva
StyleMyThrift
www.CosumeTakeOut.com

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment Eva!
Chickie