Friday, November 15, 2019

The Bun Hat

Hello Readers. Have you ever wanted to wear a hat but your bun got in the way? I know there are bigger problems in the world. But sometimes as a mom I need to put a hat on and run out the door. And sometimes I need to put my hair in a messy bun. When those 2 things intersect it can cause a problem. What I needed was a hat with room for the bun.

I started with this plain black hat. It was $1 at Walmart.

I marked the top of the hat with chalk.

I cut the top of the hat out with sharp scissors. That left me with a raw cut edge.

 I wanted to use this bias tape to cover that cut edge.

Did I try to use my machine to sew the bias tape on the hat? Yes, I did! It was easy to sew through the hat.You could sew this by hand or even hot glue it.

This is the hat with a bun hole on the top.

Here is my daughter modeling the bun hat for me. (I had a lot of trouble getting a good picture of the back of my own head.) The bun fits nicely out of the top of the hat.

 ***The Slippers***
Its cold y'all. Really really cold. I will be wearing these boot slippers every minute I am at home. They were designed to be folded down but I wanted them up to keep more of my legs covered and warm. But they had a rough seam hidden under that folded down fur. I decided to cover that seam and add a bow for fun.

Thanks for reading along now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: