Friday, November 8, 2019

My Texas Tuxedo

Hello Readers. Have you ever heard of a Texas tuxedo? That is what I call a denim shirt with jeans. Denim head-to-toe. I'm not sure if that is really what cowboys wear in Texas but that is what I tried to make. I wanted it to be a little more on the feminine side than the cowboy side. You can let me now how I did in the comments.

This shirt was so lovely. I loved the light denim color. It would match everything right? I loved the ruffled neckline and the bow in the back. The shirt was a little big in the body and the neckline was too open and low. I couldn't wear it without flashing people. That isn't the look I was going for.

I took some of the excess fabric from the sides to make the shirt a little smaller. But that didn't help the neckline very much at all.

I decided to add some thin elastic to the back of the shirt on each side of the bow. I stretched the elastic as I stitched it to the neckline. When I was done the elastic gathered in a bit and pulled the neckline in the back of the shirt together. I was also going to add some the elastic to the front but...

I didn't need to. The neckline was much higher and my Texas tuxedo was ready to go.

Yee-haw!
 (I know this isn't a cowboy hat but it's the best I could do.)
Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: