Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Poncho to Kimono

Hello Readers. Check out this poncho. It is so pretty. It made me think of peacock feathers. I think it is one of those "One Size Fits All" things that really only looks good on like 3 real human people. And I am not one of those people.

Holy butterfly wings Batman! I could have made this into a butterfly costume for Halloween. But I didn't and it's too late now. I decided to make a kimono style jacket with real sleeves. I thought that would fit me better and be more useful too.

I cut out fabric from the slides to make a boxy body shape and to remove the seams that connected the front and back. I used my sewing machine to make the new side seams. I made the sleeves as long as possible. The sides had a pretty edge that I liked so I kept it on the ends of the sleeves. I also cut down the center to open it up like a jacket. I stitched the raw edges under and I was done.

I noticed that these green mid-rise corduroy pants matched the green at the hem of the poncho. I decided that meant this was a good time to resize them and start wearing them. The weather is getting cooler and they have been sitting waiting for me for months.

I took a little off the sides and shortened them about 5 inches.(#shortgirlproblems) They had a higher waist.

I really liked the open kimono. It is still loose but not overwhelming. It still has all those blues and greens that made me like it in the beginning.

Thanks for reading along now go make something fun for yourself.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it and the colors, it definitely looks much better as a Kimono.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much for the comment. I like it much better as a kimono too.
Happy sewing to you!
Chickie

Lynda said...

Love this! I know I have at least one of these in my closet that needs your upgrade. Thanks for the inspiration!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Lynda! I a wearing it a lot. It seems to go with everything.
Thanks for the comment.
Chickie