Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Refashioning Old Shirts

Hello Readers. I decided to refashion this shirt even though I had already refashioned it a long time ago. Sometimes I do that. I liked the shirt when I refashioned it the first time but then I never wore it. If I am not wearing it, I need to do something about it.

This is what it looked like in the beginning. My older son said it looked like a old-fashioned jail uniform. It was also long in the arms and so I shortened the sleeves and dyed it blue. I added an elastic waist to give it some shape. I wore it out to dinner and I never wore it again. The elastic waist was a little annoying and I just never reached for it in the closet.

I decided to start over. First I removed the elastic waistband.

I made the shirt smaller on the sides and cut off the bottom. I also shortened the sleeves just a little.

I tucked it in and wore it to work. Now it is a simple basic shirt that I can wear alone or under a sweater. It isn't very exciting but we all need basics. And it is still a fabulous blue.

**** SHIRT 2 ****
My striped shirt got a stain. An embarrassing stain. A stain right on the chest. On the right side of my chest. It was right on my boob y'all. It was un-wearable!! I tried everything to get it out. It faded but It didn't go away.

I decided to cover it with a pocket. I used some extra fabric I had left over from a recent jumpsuit refashion. I liked the floral with the stripes. I added a tiny pocket on the sleeve just for fun.

Stain problem solved. I used a dirty mirror at the store to take an awkward selfie in my refashioned shirt .

Thanks for reading along now go make something fun for yourself.
***Year End Update- I liked and wore these  shirts a lot now that I fixed them.


No comments: