Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Pajamas Galore

Hello Readers. Sometimes I find clothes that need a refashion update but I can't figure out what to do with them. This soft peachy dress was waiting for a long time to get a remake. But what should this peachy dress be made into. It was SO peachy.

It was really nice material but... did I want to look like a peach from head-to-toe out in public? And there was a deep key-hole in the front that I thought was too revealing for me. I wouldn't want to wear the dress with that opening in the cleavage. It was too much!

 I realized these colors and soft fabric seemed perfect for pajamas. I cut the top of the dress off so it would be a pajama top. I used a pattern for boxer shorts to make a pair of loose pajama shorts.

I used the sash to trim the hem of the top and to fill in the key-hole on the chest. (No cleavage please.) Using the bottom of the skirt to make the shorts was quick sewing because the hem of the dress became the hem of the shorts.

I also made this pink pair of pajamas from a long maxi-dress. This dress was a different material and honestly it was a royal pain to sew. I couldn't figure out why it was so difficult. (I needed to replace my needle.) I didn't like the way this design was printed on the dress very much but I didn't mind it as much as pajamas.

I made the top off the dress into a pajama top and made some loose shorts from the bottom off the dress. It was easy sewing. And now I have a couple sets of pajamas. I love lounge wear and pajamas.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
***Year End update-  These were great summer pj's. I will wear them again as soon as the weather allows it.


No comments: