Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The Hawaiian Romper

Hello Readers. This blue floral dress really caught my eye. Not the dress itself but the beautiful shades of blue in it. I thought it was so pretty. The dress was a simple sheath shape. I thought I could definitely do something fun with it.


The material was in good shape but the dress didn't hang quite right. I knew it was a great beginning of a refashion. I wanted it to be a romper for summer. Or better yet, maybe a fake romper.


I used an actual pattern to get the shorts cut out correctly. When I spread the dress out it all seemed even so I just cut out the shorts and sewed them together.


The pattern called for a simple elastic waistband. I made the casing, threaded the elastic through, and connected the ends.


 I had some shorts that would be perfect for Hawaii.


The top half was very easy. I kept the tank style the dress already had. I just took the sides in a little and made sure the arm holes were high enough so I didn't expose anything that I didn't want to expose.


The rayon material will breathe in summer but it won't stretch at all. I kept the loose fit so I could get it on and off and be comfortable. It looks like a one piece romper when the top and bottom are put together, but it is easier to wear and use the bathroom like a normal human. I try to avoid one piece clothing that makes you completely strip down when you want to use the restroom. It can be annoying.


I was really happy and comfortable in this outfit, but my teen son said he had never seen so many shades of blue, on one person, at one time, in his whole life. Oh, well. You can't please everyone.


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 And use as much blue as you want.
 *Year end update- I wore this a lot this summer. It is still a winner.

2 comments:

mycardattic said...

I think it is beautiful . . . what do men know about colour anyway?! ;) What a fabulous idea to make two separate pieces to wear together (or with other pieces), so versatile and it looks great! Hazel x

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment Hazel! You're right, I try not to take any comments from my kids too seriously. haha
Thanks for reading the blog.
Chickie