Friday, April 12, 2019

The Pleated Dress Skirt

Hello Readers. My last post was about a skirt that became a dress. Today's post is about a dress that became a skirt.


I really liked this pleated dress. It had great spring colors that I loved, but the bodice was too small/too tight/ too low for me. (No photos, just take my word for it.) I decided to make the dress into a skirt and wear it with the navy blue shirt you see here. The navy shirt was a little big but I could fix that. It seemed to match perfectly.


I started working on the navy blue shirt first. It was cute and I could wear it with other things. It just needed to be a little smaller. I took in the sides and took a little fabric from each shoulder. That raised the neckline a little, so it fit better and was not so low cut.


I cut the dress off about an inch above the elastic waistband. I folded the fabric under and used a zigzag stitch to keep the waistband stretchy. (Elastic waist = comfort.)


I liked the navy shirt with the skirt. I wasn't sure how I felt about the pink belt that came with the dress. The belt just seemed like too much. What do you think?


I thought the skirt and shirt were great by themselves.And I was right about that elastic waist, it is very comfy.


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 *Year end update-I loved this skirt and the colors and the whole outfit. I think I gave it to my daughter.

No comments: