Friday, April 26, 2019

The White Sweater Round-up; Part 2

Hello Readers. I wanted to change up some white sweaters I had. I had 4 white sweaters on my refashion rack. Does anyone need 4 white sweaters? I didn't think so. 


This sweater was "fine". It was basic and simple. The shirt under it was "fine" too but I decided to dye both of them just for fun. The dye was just sitting there, so why not add another item.


I used some fuchsia dye. Why fuchsia? It was on clearance for $2.00 and I didn't have anything in this color. I was trying to get some variety in my closet for work. White gets too dirty, colors are better for me to wear at work.


 I don't know how this happened. They were in the same dye for the same amount of time. One came out a fabulous raspberry color and one was a very muted mauve color. I can't explain it. I don't think I will wear them together but I like them both separately. What do you think of them together? It's a lot of pink.


***One More Sweater!!!***

This sweater was a great find at a clothes swap. It is vintage angora and wool blend. The embroidery is in pristine condition. It's really lovely.


But the beautifully preserved lining was hot, stiff, acrylic material that did not breath at all. I wore it once and it was not comfortable. It didn't have any give or stretch to it and the lining made it look bulky. (It made me look bulky.) The best part of a sweater is that it stretches and is comfortable to wear. If this sweater doesn't have any comfortable stretch, why would I wear it? I wouldn't.
 I used my seam ripper to unpick the stitches holding the lining to the sweater. It only took about 5 minutes.


Did I dye this sweater? No, I wasn't certain how the vintage material would like the dye. And I was getting tired of using so much dye. So, if you are counting that makes 2 white sweaters that I kept.


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
  *Year end update- I love this bright pink sweater. I wear it a lot. I don''t think I wear the pink shirt as much.

No comments: