Wednesday, April 10, 2019

The Maxi Skirt Dress

Hello Readers. I love warm weather when I can wear comfortable sundresses. An easy way to make a great sundress is to refashion a maxi-skirt.


Maxi-skirts never fit me correctly because I am very short. I like them because they give you so much knit fabric to work with. I could have just shortened the skirt into a shorter skirt but, let's make a dress.


The first thing I did was cut off the finished hem at the bottom. I made sure to cut off the complete seam with all its stitching and I saved it for later.


I made a new hem at the length I wanted. It is nice to refashion your own dress because you can choose the length you want. It could be a mini dress or it could be below the knee. You're in charge!


Now back to that cut off hem from earlier. I used that to make some straps and the leftover piece made a great little belt to tie around the waist. It gave the dress some shape.


The finished dress was so comfortable. I know not everyone likes spaghetti straps and it is easy to cover my shoulders with a little cardigan.


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
  *Year end update-This was a great summer dress. Perfect for a hot day when I had to look like I made an effort to dress up but I didn't really want to.

No comments: