Hello Readers. Prepare yourself for a sad, messy, failure of a refashion. Things don't always go as planned in sewing. That's life, right?
This dress had a lot of potential. I had an idea in my head for short over-alls. (Shorter-alls?) The top was already the right shape and the zipper would be perfect for getting the over-alls on and off. Sadly, it was not meant to be.
I started by cutting the top off, just under the zipper. I planned to turn the skirt into shorts and then reconnect them. It seemed easy and I thought it would all go well. It did not all go well.
It is hard to believe but I used a pattern to cut these shorts out. As soon as I cut them I realized they were too small. I folded the pattern wrong and cut out super small shorts. I thought I could fix the shorts so I didn't panic yet.
I guess you could say I "fixed" the shorts by adding the cute yellow floral fabric at the sides. Unfortunately, the shorts were still too tight. I hated the yellow fabric, and it wasn't cute at all.
I hate these over-alls. I will never wear them. This was a total failure.
I decided to save the top, maybe I can use it in the future. The shorts are beyond saving. That's it for now folks.
Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.