Friday, May 11, 2018

A 70's Jumpsuit to Fun 50's Outfit

Hello Readers. It's time for the second part of my groovy jumpsuit refashion


 I started with this amazing homemade vintage jumpsuit. It was one of the most fabulous things I have ever found at a clothes swap. Actually there were 2 of them. The other one was lime green.
 This jumpsuit didn't suit me at all.


I made a romper last time. It was much cuter than the jumpsuit but it still didn't fit or flatter me a whole lot. I didn't alter the neckline last time at because the embroidery was so pretty. I didn't want to lose any of it. But that high neck wasn't very comfortable. 
I started round 2 of this project by cutting off the legs of the shorts I made. I hemmed the bottom edge to make a shirt and then I started on the neck.


I unzipped the front a little to make a v-neck. I pinned the sides down to make sure they matched and stayed where I wanted while I stitched them down. I did lose some of the pretty embroidery but at least it would fit more comfortably.


I wound up sewing the shirt closed all the way down the front and removing most of the zipper. It just goes on like a t-shirt I thought that the green leaves from the floral neckline matched this green skirt well. This skirt has been on my refashion rack for a long time. This is the third refashion for this green skirt. I just never found a great home for it until now. You can see where the green skirt appeared on this blog first here and then here.


I was really happy with how this outfit came together, it has a 50's vibe that I love. The top is still fitted just like it was as a jumpsuit, but it works well with the full skirt.
Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

*Year end update- I love this outfit so much! It is heavy polyester so I never wear it on a hot day.

No comments: