Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Practicing Stitches and Going to Sleep

Hello Readers. I wanted to learn and practice some embroidery stitches and this big silk shirt seemed like a good thing to practice on.


This started as a silk men's dress shirt. It was very large on me but I had to save it. It has been around for quite a while but the silk was too soft to let it go. I cant wear it with my arms all tangled up in these sleeves. The biggest problem with this big shirt was the huge sleeves. They are going to need drastic alterations.


Or maybe I could just cut them off. HA HA! Sometimes it is easier to remove a problem completely rather than fix it. (Hidden life advice!) I also cut the collar off too. I had a nice simple sleeveless nightshirt now.


I could just use my sewing machine to finish these cut edges but I also wanted to add some decorative stitches to the neck and arm holes to make it a little prettier and more finished. I have never done embroidery before so I watched a video about different embroidery stitches. I used the blanket stitch.
I don't really know why I chose that, this is not a blanket, but I did.


I was ready to go to sleep in a nightshirt theat is softer than a cloud made from angel hair and pure joy. This is the softest sleepwear I have ever had. I am so glad I made this into a nightshirt! It is really lightweight and breathable, so it will be great for summertime.


Yes, I always wear this mask over my eyes at night. It really helps me sleep.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself. Sweet dreams!

*Year end update- I wore this nightshirt so many times in the summer, it was perfect for warm nights. It isn't great in winter so it is put away.

2 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

Silk is delicious for sleeping, so is pure linen. Great job!

I Can Work With That said...

For real Rozy Lass! I should have made this ages ago.I am wearing it again now!
Chickie