Friday, May 18, 2018

More Florals For Spring

Hello Readers. I decided to throw some more florals at you today.


This dress had such pretty material. I loved the fresh spring colors. But it was a little overwhelming because of the big bell sleeves and the huge ruffle at the collar. I thought the fabric could stand by itself. It didn't really need all the extras. (I mean calm down dress, we see you!)


I decided to remove the top of the dress. I cut the top off and left the elastic waist attached to the skirt. The material would make a nice feminine skirt. It was easy to turn under and zigzag stitch it down.


The skirt was a little big, I also took some of the excess out of the back. There was already a seam there, so I used it as a guide for my new seam.


I love how it turned out. It is simple and it lets the floral pattern stand out. I usually find simple is the best way to refashion clothes. Maybe that is just what appeals to me.


Thanks for reading this post, now go make something fun for yourself.

*Year end update- I really liked this outfit. I still have the shirt. The skirt was chewed up by my washing machine. The fabric was delicate and it couldn't be repaired. I was really disappointed. 

No comments: