Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Red Dress Became a Skirt

Hello Readers. If you saw yesterday's post you know I wrote about this striped top. Well, I noticed it was the same red wine color as a dress that was given to me by a nice lady named Carmen. (Thanks Carmen!) 


Here is the red dress. It is a stretchy comfortable polyester. Unfortunately, it was way too small for me. The top half was super tight.So tight. Painfully tight. It had a tie in the back that would have made it fit any waist size. That would have been very pretty, but it wasn't meant to be because...


It also had a couple spots on the side that refused to come out. They are more noticeable than this picture shows. You just have to take my word for it.


Since it was already stained (And too tight!) I just cut off the top half. I used one piece of the waist tie as the waistband of my new skirt. It was already finished and stretchy like elastic. I removed it from the dress and connected the ends. It was the perfect matching stretchy waistband. Elastic would have worked as well. It was a fast project because the skirt is already hemmed.


Here are both pieces together. It is a comfortable "dressy" outfit. I can break it up and wear each piece alone. I know I will be wearing that super soft shirt a lot. The belt is the same belt I repaired and wrote about back in September. It is still holding strong.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.


4 comments:

jenny_o said...

A perfect match - and so cute! Very smart to use the tie as a waistband.

There are some pieces of clothing I own just because they feel so nice. They may not look great but I love wearing them. Yours, on the other hand, is both soft AND cute! Enjoy!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much! Glad you liked it. A little stretch is a blessing!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Looks great! What a great save! Thank you! Hazel x

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment, I am glad you liked the skirt. It just needed a little elastic.
Chickie