Tuesday, March 29, 2016

It IS Easy Being Green; A T Shirt

Hello Readers. I hope you are well. It is warmer and warmer where I live. I am working on spring clothes. Why do I make/refashion so many clothes for myself? Well, this time last year I was about to deliver 9 lbs 11 oz of bouncing baby boy. I don't know the metric conversion for that weight. Huge is the only word that comes to mind. He was huge, I was huge. The spring before that I was much smaller than I am now so basically nothing fits as it should. That means sewing, mending and refashioning while the baby is sleeping. I like it, it keeps me busy. And I can make things fit me.
 OK, so, on to today's post. It started with this green shirt. 


It came from a clothes swap (of course). I went with a few friends and we all found some great stuff. The things we didn't like we gave to each other. This shirt was one of those items. None of us liked this top. I don't know what the designers thought was. It had this extra "strap" that goes across the chest and neck. It felt weird and it looked a bit weird too. Maybe it was to hide how extremely low cut this shirt was. Like crazy low. No one wears shirts this low.


This was a simple fix. I cut it off at the back. I was careful and cut as close to the finished edge as I could. I left it cut and it isn't visible. The entire neckline looks natural.


I couldn't just cut the front of the tie off because the knot you see in the picture was not attractive inside. It was rough edges and had threads sticking out in all directions. I tucked the end of the strap inside the shirt and put a couple stitches in by hand to keep it in place.


Here I am finished with this green shirt. I like it simple without the extra strap in the front. It is just a case of less is more.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: