Friday, March 18, 2016

A Valance Curtain From a Dust Ruffle


Hello Readers. This was a quick bedroom refreshing project. I was given a cute crib set when I had my baby. The colors were great for the nursery. It was already painted light blue. (Good thing I had a boy!) It had a quilt, a sheet, bumper pads and a dust ruffle. I loved all of it. (Thanks Patty!)


I had a white dust ruffle so I decided to make this colorful one into a curtain. I cut the colored panels of the white center. I attached the short panels onto the long panels. This gave me two long identical stripes of fabric. 


I then attached one under the other to make a two layered valance curtain. I attached a small tube of fabric on the back of the curtain at the top to put the curtain rod through.


It was an easy curtain. It only took about half an hour.
Thanks for reading, Now go make something fun for yourself.



No comments: