Thursday, September 29, 2016

The Baggy Skirt

Hello Readers. I hope you are doing well. I did a thrift store run recently because a friend posted that there was a 10 for $10 sale. (Thanks Toni!) I couldn't ignore a sale like that. I found this top and skirt. The top fit so my project today is the great skirt that was too big. You can see from the before pictures that is was baggy and unflattering. The drawstring held it up but it needed some help on the fit. 
Usually I just take in the side seams when I want to make a garment smaller. But this skirt had some cute stitching details on both sides as you can see below. I didn't want to lose those cute extras. 


I decided to remove the excess from the back. I tried it on inside out and marked where I needed to make my new seam. I stitched straight down the middle of the back of the skirt. Lots of skirts have a seam down the back, it won't stand out or look strange if this skirt has one too. I pressed the new seam to make it nice and smooth.


I liked this skirt mainly for the color. It is perfect for Autumn. Where I live it is cool in the morning but still hot in the afternoon. This is a great outfit for that kind of weather. You can see the new seam in the photo below on the right. 


I already owned the sweater, so it was $2.00 total for the whole outfit. I think that is pretty great.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.







No comments: