Hello Readers. Today's project is part one of a two part refashion. I will post part two tomorrow.
It all started with this top from a clothes swap. I went with some friends and while we all liked the flower, we didn't like the fit of the top. It was to puffy in all the wrong places. I looked like a balloon in it. It was a shame because the design was so pretty. I started by cutting the top ruffle off. It was really quite unflattering where it fell across my chest. I won't throw the ruffle away, I have a plan for that ruffle.
I also had this great blue T shirt my mom handed down to me. I love this color. It was a little plain and could handle some enhancement. The blue matched the flower well. They were meant to be together.
I pinned the lower half of the flower shirt onto the blue T. I was hoping that by cutting the flower shirt in half it would look more attractive than the original shirt.
Here is a picture of actual sewing.
Here is the finished shirt. I cut the extra blue fabric away and cut the elastic at the bottom of the flower shirt. It helped the shirt calm down, lay flat and deflate. I like the flat version much more. It is also warmer and covers both shoulders.
Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.