Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Tank Top Vogue 8062

 Hello Readers. When I tell you that I like this pattern, I actually LOVE this pattern. I have made the t-shirt so many times... but I had never made the sleeveless top/tank top. That seems like an over-site on my part so I decided to try it out. 

This is the greatest pattern ever, IMHO!

I found this and a bunch of other wonderful fabrics at Boxer Craft House. I bought just enough fabric to make this tank top and not much more. I could not make my usual t-shirt so I decided to try the tank top of the same Vogue pattern. I am glad I did because it's just as great as the t-shirt.  

This pattern calls for neck facing to finish the neckline and I don't like neck facing. It feels kind of weird in the shirt. I decided to make bias tape to finish my neckline and arm holes. I could use store bought or I could take a lot of time, cut lots of narrow strips, and put together my own bias tape. The upside is that the bias tape matches the shirt exactly. 
 
I had fun with this shirt and I even has leftover bias tape for another project in the future. 
 
I know fall is here and we are all enjoying our pumpkin spice lattes but it's actually about 90 degrees Fahrenheit where I live. It won't cool down until the end of September so this sleeveless top is perfect for right now. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
 

 
 
 

No comments: