Wednesday, September 9, 2026

A New Length

 Hello Readers. I love to thrift shop. I find all kinds of items but when I find something that seems to be homemade or handmade... I snatch it up. If someone took the time to sew up a garment, I am really drawn to it. They took time and energy, they made so much effort and I love to see that. If there is anyway for me to wear or use the item I always buy it and bring it home. 

This was a cute dress and the neutral beige/tan color was great  for me because I always forget to include neutrals in my wardrobe. It seemed a little long on me and I thought if it was a bit shorter, it would suit me better.  

That turned out to be the right idea because there was a stain at the hemline. I tried to get it out but it would not come out in the wash no matter what I tried. So... shorter we will do. I cut about 6 inches off the dress. We're going shorter.

I turned the cut edge under twice and stitched it down. I used a straight stitch and tried to match my thread to the dress the best I could. This new hem only took about 15 minutes from start to finish. Easy-peasy!
 
This was a wonderful thrift find and I am so glad I brought it home. Thank you to whoever put this dress together. What a gift. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
 
 
 


 

No comments: