Hello Readers. I think everyone would like more closet space. If there is someone that doesn't want more storage or more closet space... I have never met them. Let's make every inch count in the closet. I don't want any wasted space in my house.
I am going to use every inch of my closet. Let me show you how I did it.
I have lived in this house for 23 years, why have I not used this empty wall space. It could be used for hanging or storing something more than these 2 ties.
This closet really isn't that large but it has some shelf space and some hanging space for clothes. but there was no nice and neat way to store bags and purses. It was always a mess.
I know, it looks really bad. I tried to hang some on the end here, but some were still on the shelves. It isn't easy to find things in a messy situation like this.
I began by asking my lovely assistant to help me. He has been helping me for about 30 years so he is used to it. I wanted to hang bags above the doorway inside my closet and also down each side of the doorway. It's going to be a rainbow shape around the closet door. He marked out measurements using the ruler on a level so we can hang the hooks evenly spaced apart. My hooks will be about 6-8 inches apart. If you have small bags to hang, or scarves, necklaces, hats or ties, you might want a different configuration. You can use you closet wall space for anything you want to hang, your wardrobe will probably show you what you need to hang. Find the messiest pile and start there. When you hang items up on the wall, it isn't a mess anymore. It's now an easily accessible accessory center.
We drilled small holes in the wall to start. These holes are spaced the way I wanted but it doesn't need to be perfect, it's just the inside of my closet. It's not plastic surgery. These holes are for the anchors and screws to go in.
We hammered in the anchors. These will help the screws stay in the drywall better. The bags I am hanging are not very heavy, they are empty after all, but I do want them to stay securely hung for a long time.
These are the hooks I used. They were simple and a good size but you can use any hooks you want.
Seriously, you could use anything you want. This is actually meant to hold a hand rail on a stairway. Rummage through your junk drawer and use whatever you have. You could use nails but they can be rough and scratch your bags or you if you hit one by mistake walking into your closet. Be careful and choose something safe for your space.
Now it is time to hang the hook. We drilled the screw into the anchor we hammered into the wall earlier. The anchor will keep the hook in the wall even if I put items on and take them off over the months and years.
Here is a look at the hooks on the right side of the closet door. And of course my handrail holder. It's odd but I think it will work great, it will be able to hold a bag with a wide handle easily.
I started hanging up all the bags I needed or wanted to keep. This was a good opportunity to get rid of a few and donate them.
The bags are nice across the top of the doorway and down each side. They fill in the wall space. The bags are not in my way or blocking anything else and I can see them all easily. It is nice to have them all within reach. I like to change my bag often and this makes it easier to do that. This space would be just as useful holding a hat or tie collection. They would all be easy to see and grab while getting dressed.
Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

.jpg)




.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment