Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Floral Pen Bouquet

 Hello Readers. Fall is coming soon. It might not feel like it weather-wise but it's coming. That means schools are back in session, home activities are going to pick up, and even your office might get busier. I wanted to stop people (My kids!) from stealing the pens on my desk. It is hard to walk away with a pen that has a big flower on top.  

 Make a floral bouquet and keep your pens where they need to be. On your desk.

You will need some artificial flowers, some floral tape and some pens or pencils. Either is fine so 
whatever you need to keep handy on your desk is fine. 
 
You can usually find floral tape where you find artificial flowers. I found mine at Dollar Tree. 

I unrolled my floral tape, it is green and has some self adhesive on it. You will feel it when you unroll it.  

 Any color or variety of artificial flowers will work so you can choose whatever decorates your space the best. You could change them with the seasons too. I found these flowers at Dollar Tree too.

I cut my flowers off the bunch but left about 3 inches of stem attached. A little less or a little more is fine. It's not brain surgery. You don't need to measure, you can just estimate and it will all work out fine. 


 I held the stem of the flower against my pencil/pen. Any pen or pencil is fine... red, green, old, new. Whatever you like or have on hand. 
 
I started wrapping the pencil and the flower together tightly with the tape. I wrapped from the top and moved down. I over lapped the tape on itself to cover the pencil and flower stem and cover them. 
 
I wrapped the pencil and stem all the way down the stem of the flower. I did not want the cut stem to show or stick out. When I covered the stem completely, I wrapped the tape back up to the top. 
 
I cut the tape. It was fully wrapped now. I made sure to smooth out the tape so it was smooth and wrapped tight around the pencil. 
 
To make the tape super secure, you can add a dot of hot glue. This will keep the tape in place long term. That might help if your space or desk is a high traffic area. Like the family calendar, office sign-in area, client check in, reception, or just Mom's desk. Kids seem to take a pen, use a pen and never return the pen. Spouses do this too. 
 
I really like how these look in a simple cup or mug. The best part is that no one can walk away with a big flower on their pen without realizing it. It won't fit in their pocket easily and they will return the pen after they use it. Thanks for reading along, and happy fall y'all.
 

 



 

 
 
 

No comments: