Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Making 2-Tone Jeans Part 2

 Hello Readers. I put together 2 pairs of jeans, again, so this is part 2. I was inspired by the upcycler on TikTok named @Radha. She made some cool blue and white 2-tone jeans. I really liked hers so I got to work making something similar with what I had on hand. 

This was a fun project to put together.

I had these 2 pairs of jeans and putting them together would be fun. The white pair was basic denim. 

This blue pair was also denim but they were not very stylish. They had a very unattractive gathered elastic waistband and I have been keeping them to cut up for a project. Today was the day! I cut 2 straight long pieces from the back so they wouldn't have any seams and so I wouldn't be getting part of the front pockets in the pieces I used.

I started cutting the white jeans. I cut about 3 inches from the side seam. You can see I did not cut through the pocket, I cut underneath it. I wanted to keep the pockets intact and reattach them later.

I used a seam ripper to detach the pockets from the cut off the part of the jeans I was cutting away.
 
When I was done, my white jeans looked like this. The back pockets are kind of hanging off so that I could sew the blue denim pieces in on the sides of the white jeans. Then I will reattach the pockets. 

I sewed the blue denim to the white denim with the right sides facing each other. I started at the waist.  I moved the pocket over to the left so it was out of the way while I was sewing.
 
Here is a look at the blue and white pieces sewn together. The pocket is kind of flapping loose here. 
 
It was easy to sew the pocket to the blue denim using a straight stitch. 
 
I used the seam ripper again to remove the belt loop from the white denim I had cut off the jeans. I could reattach it to the blue denim. 
 
I wanted to sew it here on the side. It might help distract from that elastic waistband. 
 
I also had this tiny front pocket from the cut off white denim too. I could attach that somewhere.
 
Here is a look at everything sewn in place. 
 
 I love these new jeans. They are so fun and different and colorful. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 




 








No comments: