Hello Readers. I am a thrifty scavenger at heart. I search thrift stores for cute things but I am also searching for fabric. This pink dress was made of beautiful linen. I knew it would make something wonderful. I didn't try it on, I knew it was going to be cut and sewn into something new.
Before and after.
This dress was way too long but I could have shortened it. I had another idea. Shorts!
This is my go-to shorts pattern. It is very well used as you can see. I like it because it's simple and it fits me well.
I used my serger to put the 2 pieces together. Linen frays so easily, I thought the serger would be best.
This is the top of the dress. I want to wear it as a tunic with the shorts peeking out. I checked the dress for length on me so I could hem it at the right length.
I love how it turned out. It's great on a hot summer day and the pink is so fun. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.













No comments:
Post a Comment