Thursday, October 17, 2024

Neutral Basics

 Hello Readers. I love wearing all one color. You could call it dressing like a crayon or you could call it monochromatic dressing... Either way, I do it when I can. This olive colored skirt and top seemed like a good combo to me. 

There was a problem with the fit of this skirt. The waist was OK but the hips and the length were not great. Whoever made this skirt thought I would be taller and curvier. I wish that was true but I need to work with what I have. 

I marked where I wanted the new side seam. I left the waistband alone but I needed to narrow the hips a little. 

I cut the length by about 8 inches.

I just needed to hem this cut edge.

I love the new skirt. It's simple and neutral. I always forget to get basics in my sewing. This will match so much. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fin for yourself.



No comments: