Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Pillow From a Shirt

 Hello Readers. Fall is here and that means I want some fall decor around the house. Sometimes clothing actually makes great decor. I think this shirt would make a great fall pillow for a chair. Let me show you what I mean.

Before and after.

This denim shirt was so well made but I didn't like it as a shirt. The leaves and vines felt very overwhelming. There were just too many, it was too busy. They were all over me.

I cut 2 squares from the body of the shirt. One from the front and one from the back. The buttons on the front of the shirt are going to be the opening to put a pillow in this cover. My squares are approximately 12 inches by 12 inches. You may need to adjust the size of your squares depending on the size of your shirt and what you are going to use to stuff your shirt pillow with. (More about that in a minute.)

I put the 2 pieces together with the right sides facing each other and sewed around all 4 sides of the squares. I closed up all around the square. Usually you leave an opening in one side to stuff the pillow but I am not going to need that because of the buttons on the front of the shirt.

I undid a few buttons and used the opening to turn the whole pillow cover right side out. 

This is what it looked like when it was done. It just needs to be stuffed. And I can do that because it has buttons down the front of the shirt.

I went out on my front porch and took this outdoor pillow from summer to stuff my pillow. You can use a pillow you have or buy a pillow form. My porch is covered so I don't have to worry about rain on my pillow but use a pillow form or stuffing that is right for your location. There are indoor and outdoor pillow forms. 

I stuffed my pillow cover with the pillow. 

I buttoned up the buttons and put the pillow on my chair. It adds a little touch of fall and makes the chair more comfortable. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.









No comments: