Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Dressember Dresses; The Giraffe One

 Hello Readers. December is almost over and that means the Dressember fundraiser is almost over too. Dressember's focus is on prevention, intervention and protection for victims and people at risk for human trafficking. Go to Dressember.org to learn more about the work they do in the U.S. and world wide.

Let's talk sewing! How do you feel about giraffes?

 
 This giraffe dress and matching vest are really not looking good on me. I loved the pink color and giraffes are great. I just wasn't sure I wanted all these giraffes all over me. I didn't love the style of this dress and the length really needed to be cut. 


I decided to use the top of the vest as the top of my new dress. I wanted something simple that I could wear with anything. The giraffes would make it harder to match my clothes and wear the dress. This 
is a picture of the leftover lower half of the vest, after cutting off the top. 

I cut the middle of the dress out and used it as my skirt. I didn't want the button up collar or the design at the hem of the original dress. I have been trying to focus on simple, easy-to-wear dresses for this month of dress refashions.

 
 
 When it was all put together, I really liked the result. This dress was easy and comfortable to wear. 


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: