Friday, October 27, 2017

The Black Sparkly Mini Dress

Hello Readers. Something rare happened recently, I found a fabulous dress that was too short. This is not something that happens often when you are 5' tall. Everything is usually too long, finding something that is too short made me feel a little tall. The fit of this short dress was great so I decided to shorten it even more and make a top. 

I don't go anywhere that I need a sparkly black mini dress. I am a small town SAHM. If I show up at the playground in this, I will look very over dressed and a little crazy. I need to calm this dress down.

There is a generous amount of bling on this knit dress, but it was really comfortable so I decided to embrace it. I didn't want to change it drastically,  I just wanted to shorten it. I measured and marked where I wanted to shorten the dress to make it the right length for me. I cut it all the way around.


I turned it under and gave it a new hem so it would look nice and neat. It was easy as pie. 


I like this shirt a lot. It is basically a soft tank top but the sparkle makes it so much more interesting and fun. (Bling, bling.) Wearing it with jeans helped to make this top more casual.


These jeans were in my refashion stash, I don't know where they came from. I liked the fit of these jeans but of course they were too long. I usually expect to shorten pants, no big deal. 

 
Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.
 
 


2 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I often make dresses into tops! I find tops far more versatile (I don't wear dresses often as the weather where I come from is mostly cold and miserable). Hazel x

I Can Work With That said...

Hi Hazel, I like dresses in nice weather too. Cold weather makes me want as many layers as possible. The dresses into tops makes sense if you are not going to wear the dress anyway.
Thanks for reading along!
Chickie