Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Too Low, Too Big

Hello Readers. It is almost October but it feels like August in the Washington D.C. area. I am not wearing any clothing for cool weather yet. Today's project is an outfit for the time in-between seasons. I liked this striped top. It was soft and had a nice loose fit with a flattering drape to it. The problem was that the open neckline was very revealing if I leaned down or if someone stood over me. (I am 5' tall, everyone stands over me. You can see my problem, right? hahaha)


You can see the open neckline in the photo below. I could have worn a shirt under it, but sometimes that is just annoying. When the weather is super hot, I don't want to wear 2 shirts. That is a lot for some mornings.I could be to tired to find 2 shirts.
 I used my sewing machine to stitch the neckline closed. It was super simple and fast. The new round neckline was more modest and easier to wear.


The skirt I wore with it was so difficult to photograph. These are over-exposed so you can see the skirt. It was a simple, classic, navy blue knit that was great with the shirt.  It was just too big and baggy.


I took a little off the sides and the problem was solved. The skirt is a knit so there were no fraying seams to worry about.


These clothes were perfect for the mom of an active toddler/tiny marathon runner. I wore this to the open gym at my local rec center. 


The staff sets up all this equipment and for $5, they let little kids go crazy. They are running, climbing and screaming. That is my husband watching out 2 year old run around


I chased my son all over the gym and didn't get very good pictures. He didn't stop moving for about 2 hours. We went home after this and we were all exhausted. Who needed a nap more that day?


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.


2 comments:

jenny_o said...

That skirt looks soooo comfortable. The older I get, the more important comfort is, but I like to look good too. This skirt seems to do both.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Jenny_o! I want to be comfy as much as possible. Life is too short for uncomfortable clothes.
Chickie