Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Dress of Many Colors

Hello Readers. I had high hopes for this very colorful dress when I found it at a clothes swap. It was brand new with tags attached and look at all those fabulous colors. The colors really caught my eye. It was so bright and cheery. I thought I would love it without any refashioning at all.


I was terribly wrong about this dress, at so many levels. It didn't fit at all. It was much too tight around the top. That's why I don't have a before picture. I couldn't get it zipped. 
The dress seemed so pretty and I loved the black waistband, what I could I do to save it?


I spent some time thinking about the dress. I decided to remove the top and keep the skirt with the waistband attached. I was really excited, I got right to work. This skirt idea was going to look great, or so I thought.


I cut off the top and finished the edge so the waistband of the skirt would look finished and neat. The dress would have made a cute crop top outfit if I was willing and able to show anyone my stomach.
 (I am not willing to show my stomach. It's pale, it's squishy, it's not going to happen.)


I really didn't like the finished skirt when I was done. I originally thought it would match every top in my closet because it had so many colors in it. In reality it didn't seem to match anything. Nothing looked right with it. I wore a black shirt with it so you could see the finished skirt, but I don't think I am going to wear this again. I just don't like it at all.
And what are the dog and I looking at? I can't remember, but the dog and I look equally interested.


Well, not all refashions can be winners. Thanks for reading, now go try to make something fun for yourself.

4 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

Sorry you don't like it--I think it looks great with that black top!

I Can Work With That said...

@Rozy Lass, thanks for the comment. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't a favorite either. Thanks for reading.
Chickie

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I'm with Rozy Lass, I really LOVE it! I thought it looked fabulous with the black top . . . one of my favourites so far! Hazel x

I Can Work With That said...

I think everyone liked this skirt more than I did. :)
Chickie