Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Purple Sweater

Hello Readers. How are you today? It is chilly enough to get into wearing sweaters again where I am. 



I had this purple/blue/indigo sweater that my mom passed down to me. (Thanks Mom!) It was nice but a little plain. I decided to jazz it up a little.


I also had this little top I found at a thrift store. The color caught my eye and I was sure I could use it to jazz up this sweater. They matched really well and it would be an easy pairing. It was too small for me but it would be great to use for decoration.


I cut two tall, narrow triangles out on the front of the floral top. I also made a cut in the side of the sweater right along the seam. And like magic, I used my machine to sew the floral pieces into the sweater. I kept the hem from the floral top and pinned it to the hem of the sweater. That made it a quick project. After stitching the floral pieces in on each side, I was done.


I did a zig-zag stitch on the raw edges inside the sweater to keep it from fraying. If I had a serger it would be even better.


The new additions made the sweater more interesting and didn't take very long to finish. Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: