Thursday, April 7, 2016

Turtleneck to Tank Top

Hello Readers. I have had this white turtleneck and white blouse for ages. I haven't worn either and I finally figured out what to do with them. They are going to work together. I had always liked the white blouse but it was very sheer. 


It is so sheer, you can see through it. Here is a picture of a cookie as seen through the shirt. (Why a cookie? Why not a cookie? I love cookies.)


 The turtleneck is nice too. But, ...it's a turtleneck. I hate the feeling of that tight neckband around my throat. It's as if someone is slowly and politely trying to kill me.

The lumps and bumps you see are padding I added to make Rhonda here my size.

I decided to remove the neck entirely and cut the sleeves off too. I cut just inside the seams so I would have a smooth neckline and arm holes. It was nice to control how low the neckline was as some tank tops show too much cleavage for me.


It was the perfect tank to wear under this thin shirt.



**** BONUS TRACK ****

The soft, stretchy jeans in this picture are from the thrift store. It was half price day and the fit was great. As usual I had to shorten them a bit. I cut off the bottom hem close to the seam. It was about an inch wide and there was a lot of stretch to this denim. When I saw the perfect stretchy circle I noticed it was the size of a headband. 


I recently made several for my daughter and I tried it on to see if it would work. It was a perfect soft stretchy fit. It stayed in all day without moving. I think I found the perfect headband.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.



No comments: