Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Blah Brown Sweater


Hello Readers. It is going to be Autumn soon. That means cool weather and sweaters. Today's project was inspired from Pinterest. It is full of great ideas. I recently saw some sweaters and even some sweatshirts with trim at the bottom and some with trim on the wrists. This sweater was depressing and blah so I decided to see what I could do. (Apologies for the cheesy smile.)


I started by taking it in because it was too big and shapeless. Can you take in a sweater? Let's try it and find out. I sewed along the arms and sides of the sweater with a zig-zag stitch, thinking it would help control fraying. I also used a straight stitch just inside the zig-zag stitches. I was hoping it would help make the new seams stronger.

Actual sewing!

It took a little while to sew it all twice but I thought it needed it. I cut off the extra and prayed it would hold. It did!


For my trim I am using this doily type thing I have had for ages. I never used it as a table cloth. I cut out the center and attached it under the bottom hem. It is large enough that I could gather it and make it loose and ruffled. It feels pretty sturdy.


Here we are finished. I didn't add any wrist trim, I have a baby, so lace dangling from the sleeve of my sweater is going to be gross in no time. This sweater is a lot more fun than it used to be. Why wear boring clothes when you can fix them up a little?


Thanks for reading, now go make yourself something fabulous.


No comments: