Hello Readers. Does every kid want bunk beds at some point? I did and all my kids did. When friends offered us these bunk beds we were happy to take them. Our youngest was very happy to have bunk beds. The only problem with bunk beds is that there is no bedside table or night stand for the top bunk. I wanted to fix that.
Easy bunk bed storage.
I used several pairs of jeans. I used men's jeans but because the pockets are the largest. Denim is so strong, the material is sturdy enough to make some storage out of it.
I cut the legs of the jeans off with my sewing scissors. I just wanted the waistbands and the pockets.
I cut the jeans open so they would lay flat.
I cut my jean pieces based of the jeans them selves. One pair was ripped in back, as you can see here, so I used that as the place to cut the whole thing flat.
It can be cut in any arrangement that you like and think that works best for the jeans you have.
The first thing I had to do in my child's room was get this bed out of the way. I also vacuumed and cleaned the room. We moved this whole bed out of the room.
When the bed was gone we were able to assemble the bunk beds. They were pretty easy to put together, according to my husband who did most of the work. We made the beds and then I got to the storage part.I needed a way to hang the jeans. I had these S hooks and they would be great for hanging my storage pockets.
The S hooks can hang on the bed and hold the jean pockets at the same time. The S-hooks move easily too. That is helpful if you need to move your stuff around often.
This is the perfect place to keep small stuffies close by. They won't get lost when they have a pocket to sleep in.
This is also a great place to keep your latest book so you have it close by and you can read before going to sleep.
The pockets are great for other items too. If you like a note pad or journal, put them in a pocket. You can also keep tissues, cough drops, a water bottle, eye mask... whatever needs to be close by can go in a pocket.
If you want to use something else to hang your denim that's OK. I tried using 8 inch pieces of grosgrain ribbon and that worked really well. It held securely and couldn't get knocked off the rails by accident.
I also tried small zip ties and they worked great as well.
I cut the long ends off with scissors so no one would poke their eye out when they rolled over in their sleep.
Whatever you use to hang your storage pockets, you can fill the pockets with whatever you think is important. And you can change your mind at anytime. This is great for kids because they always seem to have a lot of "stuff".
Our bunk beds were set up and had enough storage for all these little friends and so much more. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself and your bunk bed.


















No comments:
Post a Comment