Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Sheer Lace for Dressember

 Hello Readers. I am focused on refashioning dresses all month in honor of Dressember 2023. This organization works to fight human trafficking and forced labor. According to Dressember there are 50 million victims worldwide facing this situation. Trafficking is present in every country. Dressember.org has more information about how you can help fight this issue wherever you are.

 This is my first dress refashion for the month. I loved this blue color and the lace was so pretty. As pretty as it was something was missing though. 

Before and after.

The lace was see through and the skirt was lined. But the top was not. The top seemed like an important part of the dress to line for me. Maybe I am super conservative but I need more coverage in my tops. I had an idea though. I have seen sheer dresses over jeans and a t-shirt and thought that might work. 

 
I decided to cut the skirt lining out. I cut it out close to the seam so fraying wouldn't be an issue. 
 
I went casual to see how I liked it. 
 
 I could also dress it up. This dress was really fun and wearing jeans under it made it easy to wear and still do all the things I had to do that day. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.  

***Year End Update- Y'all I ripped this dress the day I wore it. I haven't had time to fix it yet.

 







No comments: