Thursday, December 21, 2023

An Elf Dress for Dressember

 Hello Readers. It's almost Christmas and when the month is over the Dressember fundraiser is over too. I have been wearing and refashioning dresses to participate in the annual fundraiser. We wear dresses because the victims of human trafficking are predominantly women and girls.  It is a $150 billion dollar industry. Please go to Dressember's website to learn more and give if you can. 

I got hit by a wave of Christmas spirit and threw together this red and green combo. It's a look for an elf? ... a modern relaxed Mrs. Claus? ... Ms. Frizzle's casual Christmas? Whatever it is, I was feeling it.

 
Before and after. 
 
This green dress was waiting to be part of the Christmas project. That will work for my Christmas elf dress plan. 

I also had this red trim thanks to my sweet mother-in-law.

I got some red thread and sewed this red trim all around my greet dress. This only took a little while. 
 
I found  this little Christmas tree patch in my button stash and ironed it on my dress too. 
 
My elf dress was finished! It's a little crazy and I love it!
 
Thank you for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Year End Update- This was perfect for having a fun day. Just a regular day here.


No comments: