Monday, November 7, 2022

Make Rusted Metal Patio Items Look Like new

 Hello Readers. Summer is over but It is still warm in a lot of places. I wanted to fix up my backyard furniture this summer and One item I wanted to fix up most was my rusted metal patio umbrella stand. It was heavy and solid but it looked so rusty and terrible.

Before and after.

I always tried to hide this umbrella in the corner because it looked so dreadful. No more hiding! There had to be a way to make this look better. 

I took the stand out in the grass where I could have good ventilation and space to work. There is also nothing around to get hit with any over spray from the spray paint I was going to use. I used a brush to clean the metal from any dust or loose debris.

I found this special spray paint at the hardware/home improvement store and it sounded like just what I needed. (Not an ad. I just think this is a great product for my project.)

I tried to keep the spray paint moving at all times and cover all the metal with the black paint. I didn't want any bare spots that might cause rust to show through.

It looked like this when I was done. 
 
I let this dry overnight. Then I started painting over. I wanted to have a really good coating of this paint on the metal. I sprayed from all angles to get into all the little holes.
 
I also sprayed under the stand to cover the metal underneath as well. This stand is going to be outside I wanted it all covered.
 
My old umbrella stand looks like new now. It has been outside for a about 2 months now and I still love how it looks. 
 
This is my favorite spot. Now rust-free! Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
*Year End Note From Chickie- My patio looks better. I am glad I took the time to do this.
 
 

 

 
 
 

 








No comments: