Friday, May 15, 2020

Lace Adjustment

Hello Readers. How are you doing? I hope you are well. (Like I really hope you are really well.) I am back at work on a limited schedule. Other than that, there really isn't much going on.

I really liked this black shirt. It fit through the body well. That lace panel in the back wasn't right on me. It hung too low in the front, back and sides. I decided it needed to be smaller. I wanted have more coverage in the back. Could I sew straight across the back and remove some of the lace?

 I tried to do just that. I sewed a new seam across the back, along the bottom of the lace panel. I removed some of the extra lace. I thought that if the lace panel was smaller it would make the armholes and the V-neck less low cut.

 The smaller lace panel in the back looked much better. The whole shirt fit better.

 I tapered the legs of these striped seer sucker pants just a little. Say that 3x fast!

I liked this new outfit. It was a little more flattering with the small changes I made.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

2 comments:

KD said...

Nice! Small changes can make a big difference! Now you can look forward to wearing this stylish outfit.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment KD! It was a quick fix.
Happy sewing to you!
Chickie