Friday, June 14, 2019

Boxy and Blue

Hello Readers. Sometimes life gets busy but I always try to find time to do a little sewing. Today's refashion is a fast one but I really liked how it turned out. It started with this boxy blue dress from Land's End.

The dress was thick cotton pique. It was soft on the surface but it felt very stiff when I put it on. I didn't think I would want to wear a whole dress of this fabric. I also didn't like the shapeless style or placement of the waistband. It looked a little low on me. I really liked those shades of blue though.

 I decided a shirt would be better. I cut of the turquoise skirt off the dress but left a couple inches of the turquoise. I wanted to make band of trim at the waist that matched the neckline.

I turned the cut edge under and stitched it down. It was quick and easy to sew through this fabric. 

I like this shirt because its simple but the turquoise trim adds a little punch to it. It is still boxy but as a shirt, I liked it. 

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
***Year End update- I wore this a lot this summer and fall. It was perfect as a top.

No comments: