Thursday, July 6, 2017

The T-shirt Dress

Hello Readers. I love getting new refashion ideas from anywhere I can. I saw a video on Facebook recently that had some quick refashion ideas. You can see it here. (Thanks for posting the video Liz.) One of the ideas was to take a big short sleeve T-shirt and make it into a strapless dress. It sounded fun so, I decided to try it.


I started with a big short sleeve T-shirt with a round neck.  Any T-shirt will do, I "borrowed" this one from my husband. I would lounge in my husbands shirt but it isn't fun or flattering. 


 The short sleeves get tucked in and become large pockets. I really liked that part of the dress. 
(Stitch the sleeves closed and the pockets can hold all your belongings.)


The neck becomes the top of the strapless dress. A belt makes the dress fit much better.
I didn't like the fit at the top of the dress, as you can see from the picture below. I felt a little overexposed, the dress was a tight, and had a revealing fit at the top.


I thought adding the vest made it a little more wearable. I just wasn't very comfortable with the tight fit of the chest. It could be that this dress just didn't work for me, you can easily try this idea at home and see how it fits you.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

4 comments:

Queen Of Rods said...

This is very clever and it looks great on you. Did you finish off the strapless top part, or just leave it as is?

I Can Work With That said...

Hi, Queen Of Rods. I used the neckband of the shirt as the top of the dress. I didn't change it at all. It stretches enough to make it fit as a dress. I hope that answers your question.
Chickie

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a fabulous use of a tee! I am too old to show all that flesh at the top, but your idea of putting a vest over it is genius! Thank you! Hazel x

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for reading along and commenting Hazel.
Chickie