Thursday, June 1, 2017

The Smothering Denim Dress

Hello Readers. I hope you are safe and happy today. I have a denim dress refashion to show you today. My last post was a denim suit. I guess there is a denim theme this week. 


You can see this dress is shapeless and very long. It is really unflattering and why would I want to wear it like this? There has to be a way to improve this dress right? This can't be it. It is just a depressing like this. I am smothering in all this denim.


This denim dress has a couple things going for it. There is usually some good in things if you take time to look. (Note to self.) The dress is in Great condition and well made. It also has this white floral embroidery on the bodice. It caught my eye, I thought it was sweet.


I gave this dress a big cut to shorten the skirt. There was a waist tie that sort of pulled the waist in. It tied in the back but these ties never look great on me. They pull the back of the dress together and leave the front shapeless and baggy. I always look a little pregnant in them. Or a little more fat in the gut. Either way, I don't like it. I cut the tie off.


I gave the dress a new hem and that was it. The dress is 100% denim with no stretch so I could not take it in and still get it on and off over my head. It looks much better with a belt. The belt gives it some shape. It is more flattering than the waist tie.
I went out to dinner with the family to celebrate my older son graduating high school. I am so proud and pleased about it. I have loved watching my kids grow up.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: