Hello Readers. My project today was a bit overwhelming at first. I was not sure I could turn this dress into something I would really like but I enjoy a challenge. When I saw this colorful print I thought it looked like polka dots, but it's not.
Look at this floor length fruit masterpiece! It even has pockets.
Yea baby, that's a lot of fruit! This has to be the most fruit on a dress I have ever seen. Honestly, I don't know if I have even seen another dress covered in fruit ever.
I started by removing the shoulder pads. I didn't even need to cut them, they were snapped in. I unpicked all the stitches of the sleeves and removed those. I also gave it a big cut at the bottom.
I turned the raw edges of the arm holes under and stitched them down. I made the new arm seam as small as I could and it worked well. I also made a new hem at the bottom of the dress. This dress ended up so much better than I imagined. I had doubts about all that fruit, but the shorter length and removing the sleeves made the fabric less overwhelming.
It was perfect for a special church dinner with my husband.
Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.