Thursday, October 20, 2016

The Hot Fall Weather Dress

Hello Readers. How are you enjoying cool Fall weather? We had a few days of cool weather and then it was straight back to hot summer days. So what do you wear when it's late October but still 85 degrees? A dress of course. A light weight dress with some fall colors would be perfect.


I decided to make this skirt into a dress. It has a pretty pattern and the fabric is nice and soft. I took a picture and went inside to get to work.


This skirt is a little big and slightly stretched out but that's OK. It will work really well for this project. It has a wide waistband that is made of a knit material like a T-shirt. That will be easy to work with.


I made two small cuts in the waistband. I made the cuts just above the seam that attached the knit waistband to the skirt. The knit material won't fray so, I made the cuts and it was ready to go.


Here is a close up of the cuts and you can see the waistband seam is still intact. The two simple cuts made the armholes for my dress.


All this dress needed was a belt. It was great for a very hot Fall day. You can see the cuts became round armholes when I put it on. The waistband is now the shoulder straps and neckline of the dress.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: