Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Darth Vader Sweatshirt

Hello Readers. I loved this Darth Vader shirt. He is supposed to be so evil but really he just wants to share freshly baked cookies with everyone. How bad could he be if he has cookies for everyone? I am going to have to rethink my opinion of him. 


This shirt got hit with some bleach and it is looking a little worse for wear. Darth Vader is fine but he needs a new home.


I had this nice gray sweatshirt with black trim just hanging on my refashion rack. I could put these two shirts together couldn't I?


I cut the cute picture off the bleach stained T-shirt. After looking at it I decided to round the corners of the picture and make it smaller.


I wanted to stitch the picture onto the sweatshirt. I didn't want the fabric to move or pucker. To prevent that I pinned the picture onto the sweatshirt and then I basted the picture with a needle and thread to keep it even more secure. 

I used my machine to attach the picture to the sweatshirt and tried to sew slowly so I didn't mess the whole project up. (Darth is counting on me.)


I am happy to say that the fabric and my sewing machine got along well and it turned out well. It isn't dressy or super sophisticated but sometimes a mom needs a sweatshirt. I wore it on a Target run. I even stopped at Starbucks for a latte. (Stereotypical suburban mom.)

The cashier liked this kinder gentler version of  Darth Vader too.

Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.



No comments: