Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Making Knits Fit and Fitted

Hello Readers. Today's project is a fun outfit that I put together from a clearance rack bargain and a clothes swap find.  The skirt was so soft and stretchy, I loved it. I thought it would be comfortable and easy to dress up or down. It was a little big but that was no big deal.


The long sleeve T-shirt was just a couple bucks on the clearance rack. I don't have any animal print shirts so I bought it even though it didn't fit me. I like black and gray. I figured I would find a way to make it work.


I took some excess fabric off the sides and arms so it would be nice and fitted. It was a little long but I thought if it was fitted I could just fold it under to make it any length I wanted. It took a few times to get the size and fit I wanted but T-shirts are easy to work with so it was fun work. 


The skirt just needed to be a little smaller and it would make a great pencil skirt. This was easy to finish. It only took a few minutes. It is a straight tube, just like it was before. It is so stretchy, it doesn't need a slit on the side to walk easily.


Here is what I ended up with. It is great because both pieces are SO comfortable and the skirt is a nice below the knee length. It feels like a long T-shirt.


And here is the best part! I can pull it up high on my rib cage and it becomes an above the knee pencil skirt.

Stay classy! hahaha

As soon as this picture was taken the sky unleashed a massive gust of wind. It was sudden and didn't let up for quite a while. 


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.



2 comments:

Nancy D. said...

Cute refashion and I love the shoes!!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment Nancy D. I love my Converse.
Chickie