Thursday, February 16, 2017

Dressing Up A Sweatshirt

Hello Readers. I hope you are warm and cozy on this cold winter day. I can't seem to resist playing around with simple plain clothes like this gray sweatshirt. It was as basic as could be. It was a little boring to be honest. I mean no one ever says, "I can't wait to wear that plain gray sweatshirt!" I also had a cute little floral top. It was very cute and very small.


I started by cutting off the bottom of this sweatshirt off. I made sure to make the cut a little below the waist. I didn't want a high or empire waist. I made the cut there so that this wouldn't look like a maternity top. (I am hoping it won't anyway.)


Here is the super cute floral top. I love the yellow and gray together, It has a gathered elasticized area across the chest. That isn't a good look for me but it is too pretty for me to leave on a shelf. I decided to use it to dress up the gray sweatshirt.  I cut some off the bottom and used my machine to attach it to the sweatshirt. That was pretty easy.


That didn't seem like enough added excitement so, I used my seam ripper to remove the cuffs from the sleeves of the top. I could use them for added decoration.


I cut the sleeves of the gray sweatshirt to 3/4 length and attached the cuffs to the ends of the sleeves. I didn't get a good picture of that process but you can see in the picture below what the sleeves look like. I am glad I added the cuffs, a little extra made the shirt a little more fun.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

4 comments:

jenny_o said...

This is just the right thing to turn a grey top into a cute one. I always pass by the grey clothing in the thrift store but sometimes they are really soft and I wish they weren't grey. I also like your thoughts on the waistline placement. A few years ago when I first found refashioning blogs, the "rule" I found was to make the waist be at the narrowest point of your body, but for me that always looked like you said - a maternity top. It's just not the right placement for me. Yours looks like it might work better for me as well. I love that people share their ideas because I am not very original in my thinking - thank you :)

I Can Work With That said...

I love sharing ideas too! I love to surf around and see what others are doing out there.
Chickie

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a fabulous transformation! I too, have no imagination, like jenny_o said! It's great to come here and get inspiration for our own transformations! I'm off to look for suitable items to do this to one of my own uninspiring tops in my wardrobe! Thank you! Hazel x

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks, so glad you liked the sweatshirt!
Chickie