Thursday, February 16, 2017

Dressing Up A Sweatshirt

Hello Readers. I hope you are warm and cozy on this cold winter day. I can't seem to resist playing around with simple plain clothes like this gray sweatshirt. It was as basic as could be. It was a little boring to be honest. I mean no one ever says, "I can't wait to wear that plain gray sweatshirt!" I also had a cute little floral top. It was very cute and very small.


I started by cutting off the bottom of this sweatshirt off. I made sure to make the cut a little below the waist. I didn't want a high or empire waist. I made the cut there so that this wouldn't look like a maternity top. (I am hoping it won't anyway.)


Here is the super cute floral top. I love the yellow and gray together, It has a gathered elasticized area across the chest. That isn't a good look for me but it is too pretty for me to leave on a shelf. I decided to use it to dress up the gray sweatshirt.  I cut some off the bottom and used my machine to attach it to the sweatshirt. That was pretty easy.


That didn't seem like enough added excitement so, I used my seam ripper to remove the cuffs from the sleeves of the top. I could use them for added decoration.


I cut the sleeves of the gray sweatshirt to 3/4 length and attached the cuffs to the ends of the sleeves. I didn't get a good picture of that process but you can see in the picture below what the sleeves look like. I am glad I added the cuffs, a little extra made the shirt a little more fun.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. This is just the right thing to turn a grey top into a cute one. I always pass by the grey clothing in the thrift store but sometimes they are really soft and I wish they weren't grey. I also like your thoughts on the waistline placement. A few years ago when I first found refashioning blogs, the "rule" I found was to make the waist be at the narrowest point of your body, but for me that always looked like you said - a maternity top. It's just not the right placement for me. Yours looks like it might work better for me as well. I love that people share their ideas because I am not very original in my thinking - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sharing ideas too! I love to surf around and see what others are doing out there.
      Chickie

      Delete