Thursday, December 1, 2016

The 3-D Flower T-shirt

Hello Readers. How are you today? It is cold and rainy here. I made this colorful cheerful top to brighten up the day. I saw a top on Pinterest that I loved so I made something similar. Here is a link to my inspiration. (click)


I decided to used this mock turtleneck as my base. I needed a simple top to build on. I cut the neckband off to make it more comfortable. I hate turtlenecks, I know they are warm but they just seem to choke me. Does anyone else feel like that? Maybe I have a large neck, but I think they are trying to strangle me.


My inspiration top used red tulle to make the flowers, I used an old red T-shirt to make my flowers. (It was in my stash and therefore free.) I cut it into circles of all different sizes. I stacked them up to make flowers.


I used a needle and thread to attach the flowers to the white shirt. I used a shiny black button as the center of each flower. It was simple and quick work.


The next step involves some paint. I put some cardboard inside the shirt to keep the paint from bleeding through to the back of the shirt. I can be sloppy, so it pays to be careful.


I used this black fabric paint. It said it would be washable and it was in my craft cabinet already. (And therefore free again.)


I used the tip of the paint bottle and sort of sketched with the paint. It was difficult to make very neat lines. I decided to make it look more like charcoal sketched lines instead of perfect lines.
I got a little black paint on one of the flower petals, I chose not to worry about it.


This top is fun and cheerful, those are always good things. And I love red. 


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun and cheerful for yourself.







No comments: