Friday, December 25, 2020

Dressember Dresses; The Maternity One

Hello Readers. For the last few years I have been involved in Dressember. Every December I try to call attention to the organization and the work they do. They estimate that human trafficking is a $150 BILLION dollar a year business. It is illegal but the size and scope of that much money boggles my mind. It sounds too big to fight against. But that kind of thinking is what keeps this kind of activity going. People can be saved, victims can recover, lives can be restored. Go to Dressember.org to learn more about what they do and donate if you can.   

I found this black maternity dress at a swap long ago and I didn't realize it was maternity. I thought it was a black knit dress. I don't need a maternity dress. (Like seriously, I am 48. I do NOT need or want to try and break world records by having a baby at this age.)

This dress was really full and round but what I really needed was a black shirt. I know this is a month of dresses but I didn't have a long-sleeve black shirt and it would be really handy for layering in these cold months.

 
I decided to use a shirt I liked as a guide and cut out a black shirt that would fit under other shirts and sweaters. 

 
It was easy to make the shirt. I used the bottom of the dress and made a skirt. I made a simple elastic waistband for it and I was done. I am counting this as a 2 piece dress for this month of dress refashions.

 
I can wear the shirt by itself later and for Christmas Day I thought this black combo was a little plain. I used some of my ribbon stash to jazz up this outfit. 

 
The candy cane ribbon made this outfit a lot more fun. 

Thanks for reading along, and Merry Christmas if you are celebrating today.

No comments: